|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
| * Apply the [[Services/FileAccess/CIFSLinux#Protocol.20configuration|protocol configuration]] to raise the client protocol level.
* See examples for [[Services/FileAccess/CIFSLinux#Desktop.20File.20Managers|Desktop File Managers]] and use the following server address:<<BR>>`smb://software.ethz.ch/<your_n.ethz-login>$`
* Apply the [[Services/FileAccess/CIFSLinux#Protocol configuration|protocol configuration]] to raise the client protocol level.
* See examples for [[Services/FileAccess/CIFSLinux#Desktop_File_Managers|Desktop File Managers]] and use the following server address:<<BR>>`smb://software.ethz.ch/<your_n.ethz-login>$`
This guide explains how to download software you ordered from the IT Shop (previously known as IDES or Stud-IDES).
Connecting to your IT Shop network share
- To download your software you need to connect to your personal share from the IT Shop
- It is important to include the "$" at the end of the paths mentioned below!
Access to the IT Shop is only possible from within the ETH network. If you're connecting from the outside you need to open a VPN connection to ETH before continuing.
Open a connection with Explorer to the network share
- Enter your n.ethz password when prompted.
Apply the protocol configuration to raise the client protocol level.
See examples for Desktop File Managers and use the following server address:
If you have smbclient installed, run the following command to connect, you will be prompted for your n.ethz password:
smbclient -W d -U <your_n.ethz-login> -m SMB3 //software.ethz.ch/<your_n.ethz-login>$
As you connected to a share, standard operations with Explorer are possible. Simply select folders to copy, press CTRL+C and paste them into the local folder of your choice.
smbclient is used with commands similar to ftp. The commands you are most likely to use are:
ls to list directory contents
cd to change directories
get to download a file
quit to leave smbclient
Recursively downloading a folder:
Type recurse, press Enter
Type prompt OFF, press Enter
To copy a folder, type mget <folder_name>, press Enter