This page lists announcements and status messages for IT services managed by ISG.EE.
For notifications and announcements of central IT services managed by ID, please visit https://www.ethz.ch/services/de/it-services/service-desk.html
For a detailed status overview of central IT services managed by ID, please visit https://ueberwachung.ethz.ch
Still working but with some errors
Current status reports
Linux printing affected by PrintNightmare vulnerability patch
- 2021-07-05 13:00
- ID resolved the issue
- 2021-07-05 09:41
Workaround: Use platform-independent printing
- 2021-07-05 09:41
- Authentification for printing fails. Ticket at ID servicedesk opened.
Downtime various D-ITET services for server maintenance
- 2021-04-27 08:30
- Condor is back online, all services restored.
- 2021-04-27 08:15
- Matrix/Element Chat services back online.
- 2021-04-27 08:00
- Database upgrade done and online.
- 2021-04-27 07:30
- Slurm services are back online.
- 2021-04-27 07:00
- Base system has been upgraded, main database services in progress of upgrade.
- 2021-04-27 06:00
- On 2021-04-27 between 06:00 and 08:30 ISG is going to update a server providing access to various D-ITET services. During the migration the following services will be affected and offline:
- Matrix/Element Chat services (the instances will be unavailable)
- IFA/Control Website: Access to the IFA database is blocked
- Slurm (D-ITET Arton Cluster): It won't be possible to submit new jobs or view Slurm statistics. Already running jobs will not be affected.
- Condor: Condor clients will be shut down the evening before to avoid running jobs during the migration.
Network disruption affecting several ISG.EE services
- 2021-03-31 09:30
The configuration error was found. The configuration change will be deployed on 2021-04-01 around 06:15 and a short network of about 1min is expected.
- 2021-03-31 08:00
- ID Networking team has rolled-back a deployed configuration, pending further investigation/analysis.
- 2021-03-31 07:30
There are currently disruption affecting a VPZ with servers managed by ISG.EE. Networking team of ID is investigating the issue. There are several ISG.EE services affected/malfunctioning due to this in particluar the FindYourData service.
login.ee.ethz.ch: downtime for server upgrade
- 2021-03-11 06:30
- Upgrade completed and service is up and running again.
- 2021-03-11 06:00
- The server servicing login.ee.ethz.ch will be upgraded to a new OS version (Debian buster). During the time of the update logins might not be possible.
Planned project/ archive storage downtime and client reboot
- 2020-07-11 12:00
- Migration has been completed, all services are back to operational state.
- 2020-07-11 08:00
- Migration started, services are shutdown
- 2020-07-11 8:00-12:00
- Start of planned maintenance work. Project/ archive storage services (known under the names "ocean", "bluebay", "lagoon" and "benderstor") will not be available. ISG-managed Linux clients will be rebooted.
svn.ee.ethz.ch downtime for server upgrade
- 2020-06-04 07:05
- Webservices for managing SVN repositories are enabled.
- 2020-06-04 06:15
Systemupgrade is done and access to the SVN repositories via the svn and https transport protocols are back online.
- 2020-06-04 06:00
- The server servicing the SVN repositories will be upgraded to a new operating system version. During this timeframe outages for access to the SVN repositories are expected.
European HPC cluster abuse
Recently European HPC clusters have been attacked and abused for mining purposes. The D-ITET Slurm and SGE clusters have not been compromised. We are monitoring the situation closely.
- 2020-05 17 08:30
- No successful login from known attacker IP addresses could be determined, none of the files indicating being compromised have been found on our file systems
- 2020-05-16 14:30
- No unusal cluster job activity was observed
D-ITET Netscratch downtime for server upgrade
- 2020-05-04 06:00
- Server upgrade has been completed.
- 2020-05-04 06:00
- The server servicing the D-ITET Netscratch service will be upgraded to a new operating system version. During this timeframe outages for the NFS service will be expected.
Network outage ETx router
- 2020-04-07 05:30
There was an issue on the Router rou-etx. ID networking team trackled and solved the issue. There was about a 10min interuption for the ETx networking zone affecting almost all ISG.EE maintained systems.
login.ee.ethz.ch: Reboot for maintenance
- 2020-04-06 05:35
System behind login.ee.ethz.ch has been rebootet for maintenance and increase available resources.
See the information on access D-ITET resources remotely. To distribute better the load user are encouraged to use the VPN service whenever possible.
itet-stor (FindYourData) Server maintenance: Reconfiguration of VM parameters
- 2020-02-18 19:03
- System again up and running.
- 2020-02-18 19:00
Scheduled downtime for the itet-stor/FindYourData service due to maintenance work on the underlying server.
itet-stor (FindYourData) Server migration: New operating system version
- 2020-01-20 07:15
OS upgrade done, there were short interruptions to the itet-stor/FindYourData service.
- 2020-01-20 06:00
We will update the server servicing the FindYourData service from Debian jessie 8 to Debian stretch 9. There will be short downtimes accessing this service during the update.