Google Calendar Sync with Thunderbird
To use Google Calendar with Thunderbird, you have to perform the following steps:
Downloading & installing Provider for Google Calendar
If you need both read and write access to your calendar, you need to install the "Provider for Google Calendar" from addons.mozilla.org. Maybe this add-on is already installed in your Thunderbird. If so, skip these steps.
Open the Provider for Google Calendar addon website.
- Download the file.
- Install the add-on in Thunderbird
- Select the Tools menu from the Thunderbird menu bar and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager page will open.
- Click "Gear" Icon on the Add-ons Manager page and then select "Install Add-on From File..."
- Locate the downloaded file on your machine and click "Open".
- You will be prompted to install. Click "Install Now" to complete the installation.
Importing the Google calendar into Thunderbird
- Click on the calendar icon to open the calendar view.
Right click on the left > New Calendar...
- Choose "On the Network"
- Choose "Google Calendar" and follow the steps