work in progress
This document is not finished yet.
RDS at D-ITET
ISG.EE provides a RDS environment that allows all D-ITET employees to access a session-based Windows server. This server hosts several Microsoft programs as well as some other software, most of it runs on Windows only.
We offer several ways how to connect to the RDS servers:
- The recommended way via RD Gateway worli.ee.ethz.ch:
- example with FreeRDP (version 2.0.0 or newer):
Connect to https://worli.ee.ethz.ch/rdweb
- Login with your nethz credentials: "d\dastest"
- Downlaod the rdp file to a location you remeber and name it SERVERNAME.rdp (for example vela.rdp)
- Use the SERVERNAME.rdp file in the command below:
xfreerdp SERVERNAME.rdp /gu:TESTUSER /gd:d /u:TESTUSER /d:d
- example with Microsoft Remote Desktop Client for Mac:
- Direct connection with a RDP client of your choice.
example with FreeRDP (version 2.0.0 or newer):
xfreerdp /v:SERVERNAME.ee.ethz.ch /u:TESTUSER /d:d