The recommended way to enable or disable vacation messages during your absences is through the Roundcube webmailer. Here is how it works:
Login on https://email.ee.ethz.ch/
- Klick on the "Settings" button. If you are using the default theme in Roundcube, the button can be found in the top right corner.
- In the "Settings" column on the left choose "Vacation."
- Fill out the form. An example is given in the following image.
- Here is a detailed explanation of the form fields of the "Reply Message" tab: In the "Advanced Settings" tabe you can specify further details:
Subject of automatic reply message
Body of automatic reply message
Day and time when automatic vacation messages should start. If you leave the time empty, it will be set to the start of the day.
Date and time when automatic vacation messages should stop. If you leave the time empty, it will be set to the end of the day.
Whether this vacation recipe should be enabled or not. Please note that an enabled vacation message only runs within the time slot defined through "Vacation start" and "Vacation end."
Reply sender address
Vacation messages will contain this address in the emails "From" field.
My email addresses
Incoming message action
- Here is a detailed explanation of the form fields of the "Reply Message" tab: