Mailing-Lists are managed email discussion groups which can have the following features:
- User subscription / unsubscription
- Users can themselves subscribe or unsubscribe to the mailing-list.
- Web archive
Mailing-lists can have an archive of past messages on the web.
- Closed groups
- Mailing lists can be setup to only allow a restricted set of users on the list (for non-public discussions).
- Closed submission
- Mailing lists usually only allow subscribed users to post to the mailing-list, thus reducing the amount of SPAM.
- Mailing-lists can be configured so that every message must be first approved by an administrator of the mailing-list. This is for example useful for announcement lists.
- Web administration
- The mailing lists can be administered by the mailing-list administrator (which can be different for every list) on the web.
We host about 70 lists on our server. You can find most of them on the Mailing-Lists page, including the archives and subscription links.
Requesting a New List
If you would like to setup a new mailing-list, then you should write to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the following:
- Name of the mailing-list (one word).
- Description of the mailing-list (one phrase).
- Name and email of the mailing-list administrator.
- Are web archives wanted?
- Is the list private?