|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
|To request a new list follow the instructions given in the [[Email/Mailinglists/Sympa/Admins|Sympa Admin Guide]].||To request a new list follow the instructions given in the [[Email/Mailinglists/Sympa/Admins|Sympa Admin Guide]] ( /!\ German only! ).|
Mailing-Lists are managed email discussion groups which can have the following features:
- User subscription / unsubscription
- Users can themselves subscribe or unsubscribe to the mailing-list.
- Web archive
Mailing-lists can have an archive of past messages on the web.
- Closed groups
- Mailing lists can be setup to only allow a restricted set of users on the list (for non-public discussions).
- Closed submission
- Mailing lists usually only allow subscribed users to post to the mailing-list, thus reducing the amount of SPAM.
- Mailing-lists can be configured so that every message must be first approved by an administrator of the mailing-list. This is for example useful for announcement lists.
- Web administration
The mailing lists can be administered by the mailing-list administrator (which can be different for every list) on the web. Use the Mailing List Interface
Requesting a New List
To request a new list follow the instructions given in the Sympa Admin Guide ( German only! ).