|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
|We host about 30 lists (some hidden to public) on our server. You can find most of them on the [[http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/wws/lists|Mailing-Lists]] page, including the archives and subscription links.||We host about 30 lists (some hidden to public) on our [[Email/Mailinglists/Sympa|Sympa]] server. You can find most of them on the [[http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/wws/lists|Mailing-Lists]] page, including the archives and subscription links.|
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
|If you would like to setup a new mailing-list, then you should write to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the following:
* Name of the mailing-list (one word).
* Description of the mailing-list (one phrase).
* Name and email of the mailing-list administrator.
* Are web archives wanted?
* Is the list private?
|To request a new list follow the instructions given in the [[Email/Mailinglists/Sympa/Admins|Sympa Admin Guide]].
Mailing-Lists are managed email discussion groups which can have the following features:
- User subscription / unsubscription
- Users can themselves subscribe or unsubscribe to the mailing-list.
- Web archive
Mailing-lists can have an archive of past messages on the web.
- Closed groups
- Mailing lists can be setup to only allow a restricted set of users on the list (for non-public discussions).
- Closed submission
- Mailing lists usually only allow subscribed users to post to the mailing-list, thus reducing the amount of SPAM.
- Mailing-lists can be configured so that every message must be first approved by an administrator of the mailing-list. This is for example useful for announcement lists.
- Web administration
The mailing lists can be administered by the mailing-list administrator (which can be different for every list) on the web. Use the Mailing List Interface
Requesting a New List
To request a new list follow the instructions given in the Sympa Admin Guide.