|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
|Choose to configure a new account.|
|Line 9:||Line 10:|
|1. Choose to configure a new account.||1. Choose configure manually Account|
Configuration of Outlook 2010
Start Outlook. The Startup Wizard will appear if you did not yet setup your mail account. Otherwise, you can start it by choosing Email-Accounts in the Tools Menu and then Add a new e-mail account
- Go to the Files Tab.
- Choose to configure a new account.
- Choose configure manually Account
- Choose Internet-E-Mail (IMAP).
Click Add Account.
- Fill in you personal Information and select:
E-mail Address: if you have an alias, put it here (e.g. " firstname.lastname@example.org ")
Incoming server (IMAP): imap.ee.ethz.ch
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.ee.ethz.ch
- User Name: your username
Click More Settings ....
- Rename the Account Name to reflect the email address it refers to
Choose the Outgoing Server tab.
Mark the my server requires authentication checkbox and choose Use same settings
Choose the Advanced tab.
Mark both SSL checkboxes and enter 465 for Outgoing server (SMTP)
Click OK and then Next.
- Finish the wizard
- If you want to be sure to see all your folders, right-click on the account name in the folder pane
and select IMAP Folders.
- Unmark the checkbox "show only subscribed folders"
Click OK. Now your account should be ready to go!