This page lists announcements and status messages for IT services managed by ISG.EE.
For notifications and announcements of central IT services managed by ID, please visit https://www.ethz.ch/services/de/it-services/service-desk.html
For a detailed status overview of central IT services managed by ID, please visit https://ueberwachung.ethz.ch
Still working but with some errors
Upgrade license, database and distributed computing management server itetmaster01
- 2018-11-12 12:00
- PostgreSQL services are online.
- 2018-11-12 09:31
- Arton-Cluster and Condor Grid updates are finished.
- 2018-11-12 07:30
- Arton-Cluster updated (final checks pending)
- 2018-11-12 07:00
- System and license services upgraded. Still pending: Arton, Condor and PostgreSQL Upgrades.
- 2018-11-12 06:00 - 12:00
Planned upgrade of itetmaster01
Maintenance Project Storage
- 2018-11-08 07:00
- Services back online (some recovering slowly)
- 2018-11-08 06:15
- Starting downtime for project storage due to an important maintenance on master node.
D-ITET RDS fronted is difficult to reach due to AD name resolution issues
- 2018-11-02 08:00
- RDS is working normally. Protective Measures were put into place to ensure the AD name is updated correctly.
- 2018-11-01 09:45
- worli.d.ethz.ch can not be resolved by the AD name service. DNS works fine but AD-DNS Synchronization seems to be in an unstable state. We are in contact with the responsible team of central IT services.
- D-ITET users: Connenct directly to vela.ee.ethz.ch
- IFE users: Connect directly to neon.ee.ethz.ch
Jabba Tape Library HW Problems
- 2018-08-17 07:00
Update: All tape library issues have been solved. All backup and archive services are back online
- 2018-08-15 12:00
Update: There are still issues with the tape library. It will be down for at least another day.
- 2018-08-13 11:30
Update: The failed tape drive has been replaced. The management PC is still not working. Due to the very old hardware the supply with spare parts does take longer as usual. The tape library remains offline at least until tomorrow afternoon.
- 2018-08-10 10:00
- Due to a failed tape drive and a defective management PC Jabba's Tape Library is not working. The Jabba server is not affected. We are in contact with IBM and we hope the problem will be fixed by next Monday.
What does this mean for you:
- Store new data: New data are stored to a SAM-FS cache area first, but can not be written to tape afterwards, i.e. the backup process can not be completed finally, but will started automatically as soon as the tape library works again.
- Access existing data: Only access to data still available in the SAM-FS cache area is possible. NO ACCESS to data located on tape only.
- Store new data: New data are stored to a SAM-FS cache area first. In second step data are copied to a archive disk but the second copy to a tape will fail. I.e. the archive process can be completed for one half only. The copy-to-tape will started automatically as soon as the tape library works again.
- Access existing data: there is no limitation in access to archive data
D-ITET mail server downtime: New operating system version
- 2018-06-16 08:24
System is up and running, all tests done. Everything should work as intended. If you find errors, please contact us under <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 2018-06-16 08:08
- System is up and running, we are performing some final tests before releasing access with little delay as previously announced.
- 2018-06-16 07:11
- Everything works as planned currently
- 2018-06-16 06:00
- Due to a planned operating system update, the D-ITET mail server will be unavailable today, June 16, 2018 between 06:00 and 08:00.
Major outage virtualization cluster/networking switch
- 2018-04-24 08:56
- Sending of emails is restored again. Recieving mail should not be lost for any properly sending email server, since the issues caused a temporary error notification to the sending server which should in turn retry resubmitting an email correctly later on with some delay.
- 2018-04-24 07:45
- Bringing back online most important services, including home service; issue being investigated.
- 2018-04-24 06:29
- Major outage of Networking/virtualization Cluster taking down important D-ITET Services (home Server, partially mailsystem, Linux clients).
- 2018-04-06 08:10
- Jabba is back online
- 2018-04-06 07:00
- Jabba is offline due to maintenance work
D-ITET Storage Migration
- 2018-03-10 15:00
- Migration of user homes completed.
- 2018-03-10 14:15
- User homes migrated, access is unblocked again, some post-migration tasks still pending.
- 2018-03-10 10:00
- D-ITET user homes will be migrated from ID Storage to D-ITET Storage. During the whole migration time access to the user homes for the affected users is blocked. Affected users are informed directly by an email.
svn.ee.ethz.ch Server migration: New operating system version
- 2018-02-12 08:55
- Server upgrade has been completed and all services up and running again.
- 2018-02-12 06:15
Start updating server from Debian Wheezy 7 to Debian Stretch 9. Downtimes for https://svn.ee.ethz.ch, svn://svn.ee.ethz.ch and https://svnmgr.ee.ethz.ch.
Cronbox/Login Server migration: New operating system version
- 2018-02-05 07:00
The host mira has been upgraded to Debian 9 Stretch. SSH Host keys fingerprints for RSA and ED25519 are:
4096 MD5:fc:a8:00:5b:64:90:86:a1:fb:49:75:ef:55:58:90:b3 (RSA) 4096 SHA256:v48HAAAjr+avnPAESdQzazSriKYZeTGGtIPKfoE8Dg0 (RSA) 256 SHA256:SgvaiZyIgzujLJdbtRij5VGUOXm/IuAs3MkMYtGZNhc (ED25519) 256 MD5:3b:b0:1a:8a:ea:0a:e5:ea:bb:9e:bb:5c:ef:24:c3:92 (ED25519)
The SSH host key is as well listed on: https://people.ee.ethz.ch/
- 2018-01-31 11:00
The host mira holding the cronbox and login service will be upgraded to Debian 9 Stretch on 2018-02-05 at 06:10.
Upgrade of Server itetnas02
- 2018-01-25 07:30
- Upgrade completed.
- 2018-01-24 16:45
On 2018-01-25 around 06:10 we will upgrade the server itetnas02. Several short outages for Fileservices (Samba, NFS) are expected. Services for project accounts and dedicated shares for biwi, ibt, ini and tik are affected.