This page lists announcements and status messages for IT services managed by ISG.EE.
For notifications and announcements of central IT services managed by ID, please visit https://www.ethz.ch/services/de/it-services/service-desk.html
For a detailed status overview of central IT services managed by ID, please visit https://ueberwachung.ethz.ch
Still working but with some errors
Outage of Server itetnas03
- 2017-11-15 07:00
- Battery unit replaced
- 2017-11-10 07:20
Server is back online but without battery unit. We will need to shutdown itetnas03 again once the problem is isolated and can be fixed.
- 2017-11-10 06:15
- The server itetnas03 is down due to hardware problems (A battery replacement caused controller problems). ISG and the hardware vendor are currently working to get this problem solved.
User Home accessibility
- 2017-11-08 06:25
- Informatikdienste have reverted a change which caused the problems for accessing all user's HOME via the CIFS (SAMBA) protocol.
- 2017-11-07 08:00
- All users' HOME are currently not accessible by CIFS (SAMBA) protocol. NFS access is still available.
Outage of Server ibtnas02
- 2017-10-31 08:00
- Upgrade successfully completed
- 2017-10-30 16:50
- The server will be upgraded to a new OS release on 2017-10-31 starting around 06:15. Short outages of Samba and NFS services are going to be expected.
- 2017-10-25 10:00
- ibtnas02 now serves all partitions but the problem is not yet identified
- 2017-10-24 15:00
- The server ibtnas02 is up again (partition data-08 is not available)
- 2017-10-24 12:50
- The server ibtnas02 is down again
- 2017-10-24 09:30
- The server ibtnas02 is back online
- 2017-10-24 08:00
- The server ibtnas02 is down due to hardware problems
Outage of Server itetnas03
- 2017-10-23 18:15
- Data are also accessible via NFS.
- 2017-10-23 9:30
- The server is up. Data are accessible via Samba. NFS file service is still down.
- 2017-10-21 15:00
- The server itetnas03 is down due to hardware problems
Outage of Servers in Serverroom ETZ/D/96.2
- 2017-10-20 13:45
- All racks in ETZ/D/96.2 are working again (cooling problem solved).
- 2017-10-20 10:00
- The technician will arrive at 13:00 hours. Some servers are running, but without watercooling. So any rack might shutdown at any time if the air cooling is not sufficient. This will most probably again happen when the technician will be working in the room (i.e. this afternoon).
- 2017-10-19 18:30
- The cooling engineer could not fix the problem, so some servers are still offline. Another technicial will try to fix the cooling system tomorrow morning.
- 2017-10-18 14:00
- Cooling system is still not working correctly, we only selectively powered on a couple of compute machines.
- 2017-10-18 12:50
- The problem has been localized and repaired. We need to wait that the circuit is cooling down.
- 2017-10-18 10:30
- Outage of most racks in ETZ/D/96.2 (cooling problem) . Most compute servers are offline.
Outage Servers in Serverroom ETZ/D/96.2
- 2017-05-13 20:00
- Outage of some racks in ETZ/D/96.2. Several compute servers offline.
- 2017-05-13 23:59
- Most of the servers are back online.
- 2017-05-15 08:45
- Status of remaining servers verified. All back online.
Cronbox/Login Server migration: new SSH host key
- 2017-03-24 17:00
- The cronbox and login server has moved to a new host. A new SSH host key has been generated:
4096 MD5:fc:a8:00:5b:64:90:86:a1:fb:49:75:ef:55:58:90:b3 (RSA) 4096 SHA256:v48HAAAjr+avnPAESdQzazSriKYZeTGGtIPKfoE8Dg0 (RSA)
The SSH host key is as well listed on: https://people.ee.ethz.ch/
Always verify a fingerprint of a SSH host key before accepting it.
EE Mailsystem migration
STATUS: Mailsystem up
- 2017-01-08 15:00
- The new mailsystem is now started. In case of unattended problems we will stop it again to prevent data loss and to analyze the problem.
- 2017-01-07 24:00
- Not all testcases could be performed. We now plan to enable the new system about noon.
- 2017-01-07 20:45
- Old Mailserver Configuration migrated, starting the mailserver testing
- 2017-01-07 14:00
- User mailbox data migrated, starting mailserver configuration migration
- 2017-01-07 07:00
- All mail services are stopped. Mailbox data copy started.